Thursday, December 6, 2012

Our encounter with Ben Affleck


About week ago we heard about an event that Ben Affleck would be attending but were pretty apprehensive due to the fact that Ben hasn’t been signing lately. When I say he hasn’t been signing, that’s a bit of an understatement. It’s a bit more like he hasn’t been acknowledging anyone, at all. Not “I can’t today” or “I’ll get you next time”. Nothing. Silence.  Well Ant E & I decided that we would give it another shot, mainly because I loved Argo, Ant loved The Town & the weather was pretty crappy in LA, which means most autographers will not leave their houses.

We get to the venue about 30 minutes before we think Ben will be there and there’s only two other collectors there. So far, so good.  A few minutes go by & Ant spots a car pulling into the parking garage. He takes off to check it out, which means the rest of us do as well, LOL. Sure enough, it’s Ben. He parks himself & starts to walk to the venue. We ask him to sign & what do you know, he does!!! He’s actually pretty personable, commenting on how much he likes Ant’s photo. I decide to wait till everyone gets there items, as I need silver on my poster. I ask him to sign my poster & let him know that Argo was one of my favorite movies of the year. Ben’s response, “Oh thanks man”. He then gives my poster the nicest Ben Affleck autograph I’ve ever seen!!! After this Ben starts to walk away but before he does, we all ask him for a photo. Without turning around, to face us, he raises his arm & says “No authentication photo’s tonight”.
 

Autographed by Ben Affleck

Autographed by Ben Affleck

Autographed by Ben Affleck, John Goodman, Bryan Cranston, Tony Mendez,
Clea DuVall, Scoot McNairy, Kerry Bishe, Rory Cochrane & Chris Terrio


- Ant M
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Argo poster bro! Love Affleck. Have since Armageddon..he rocked in Boiler Room and just about everything he has done. Excited to see him as Batman

    ReplyDelete