Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Meeting the contestants from NBC's The Voice - Melanie Martinez, Cassadee Pope & more!!

Let me begin by saying, yes, I watch the Voice religiously. I am a fan of the show and have seen every season so far. I don't know if it's Adam Levine's incredible sense of style or Blake Shelton's charm but for some reason this is the one singing challenge show that I actually enjoy. So the other day when I was presented with the chance to go meet the final eight contestants I jumped at it.

This season hasn't been as good talent wise as the previous two seasons but there have been a few standouts that I enjoy such as Melanie Martinez and Cassadee Pope.

Shortly after arriving Nicholas David & Terry McDermott arrived. I really dig Nicholas. The guy has such an unconventional look and you just wouldn't expect him to sound the way he does. Not only does he look fresh, but he might have the coolest autograph I've ever seen. "I don't sign my name, I draw my face". Terry was very nice as well.
 
 
Nicholas David, Terry McDermott & Ant E
 
Nicholas David, Terry McDermott & Ant E


Up next was Cody Belew and Melanie Martinez. Now, I'm not a big fan of Cody. I don't think he should have still been in the competition. He's got personality and is charming but he just can't sing well enough. He actually ended up going home on the next day's episode but he was very nice and signed but Melanie Martinez was the one I was really looking forward to meeting and she did NOT disappoint. One of the friendliest and sweetest people I've met in a long time. Truely gracious that we asked her for autographs and pictures. She took the time to write a little message on each of our images and hung out for a fair amount of time. It was a pleasure meeting her and I really hope she goes far in this competition and beyond.
 
Melanie Martinez's music -
Melanie Martinez signing autographs
 
Melanie Martinez autographed photo
 
 
Melanie Martinez & Ant M
 
Melanie Martinez & Ant E
 
Melanie Martinez & Ed


Up next was Dez Deron and Cassadee Pope.  Dez, like Cody, seems likeable enough but just can't sing good enough! The guy was nice tho and also signed. I, however, was more interested in Cassadee. She's my favorite and my pick to win it all. She was very sweet and took the time to sign and take pictures. She's easy on the eyes, too.
 
Cassadee Pope's music -
Dez Deron autographed photo
 
Cassadee Pope signing autographs
 
Cassadee Pope autographed photo
 
Cassadee Pope autographed photo


Cassadee Pope & Ant M
 
Cassadee Pope & Ant E

Cassadee Pope & Ed
 
Lastly, Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunte arrived. Both were nice. I like Amanda Brown and think she could make it deep in the competition. Both signed and completed our cast item of the final eight and I got a photo with Amanda.
 
Amanda Brown & Ant E


Autographed by Nicholas David, Terry McDermott, Cody Belew, Melanie Martinez,
Dez Deron, Cassadee Pope, Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunte
 
 
All in all, a good, quick and easy night. It was nice meeting the cast and made me want to root for Melanie & Cassadee even more. Vote for em, download their songs, tweet about em'...do whatever to help these two girls get to the final 2.
 
 
- Ant E
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment