Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Zero Dark Thirty cast Q & A - Jessica Chastain, Jason Clarke, Kathryn Bigelow & more!!


This past weekend Anthony E & I were lucky enough to attend an advanced screening of the film “Zero Dark Thirty”. I was particularly excited about this as the star, Jessica Chastain is my favorite actress & I’ve been excited about this film for a year. I won’t review the film just yet but I will say that you can pencil in Jessica Chastain, Kathryn Bigelow, Jason Clarke (sleeper) & the film itself for Oscar nominations this year.

After the film ends the cast is introduced, one by one.  At this exact moment, I have to run to the lobby for a phone call. As I make my way back to my seat (front row) I realize a familiar face is now in my seat (thanks Ant!!). Turns out this familiar face is Jessica’s publicist. I offer to let her stay but she insists I have the seat.  Once I settle down, I look back at the stage & realize Jessica was watching the whole thing, LOL. She smiles at me at gives me a little wave (swoon). 
 
The cast of Zero Dark Thirty
 

The Q&A is very entertaining, as this movie has been kept very quiet due to its content. The cast shares stories about filming in the Middle East, there worst additions & things like that. They seemed to really enjoy being back together & sharing their experiences.

After the Q&A ends, we walk to the stage & begin interacting with the cast / creative team. First is Kathryn Bigelow & writer Mark Boal. Both are very nice but rushed for some reason. We are able to add both to cast pieces. At this point, the theatre employees are beginning to tell us the theatre is closed & we need to leave. That’s not going to happen, LOL. Anthony E decides to go to Jessica instead of waiting for her to come to us. I choose to interact with Jason Clarke. Jason has been one of my favorite actors for a few years, ever since he was in Public Enemies & the short lived show, “The Chicago Code” but after watching Zero Dark Thirty, I have a new respect for him. Jason steals every scene he’s in & is my sleeper pick in the Best Supporting Actor category. Jason is incredibly nice; talking to anyone that engages him takes photos & signs autographs for anyone who asks. I'm also able to grab a quick picture & signature from Edgar Ramirez. Anthony E returns with a Jessica Chastain signed photo with a great quote from the film (IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE THE QUOTE, DON’T CLICK ON THE LAST IMAGE). 
 
The cast of Zero Dark Thirty meeting fans
 
Jason Clarke & Ant M
 
Edgar Ramirez & Ant M
 
 
Autographed by Edgar Ramirez, Kathryn Bigelow & Jason Clarke
 

Autographed by Jessica Chastain
 
 

Again, the theatre staff & celebrity publicists are telling everyone that it’s time to go. This doesn’t seem to matter to Jason & Jessica or the crowd.

For people who don’t know, Jessica Chastain is arguably the nicest celebrity (perhaps person) you’ll ever meet. I mean like puppies, unicorns & rainbows sweet. Her publicist is telling her to go & she just keeps talking to people, taking pictures & signing autographs.

I decide to go to Jessica instead of waiting & it pays off. The only thing I really want to get is a photo with Jessica. She makes her way to me, I ask for a photo & see says “Hey, how are you?” Jessica has always remembered me, LOL.  After the photo, Anthony E & I ask for autographs. Without asking for personalization, she just does it, LOL.
 

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain
 
Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain
 
Jessica Chastain & Ant M

Jessica Chastain & Ant E
 

Anthony E then goes & grabs a quick photo & autograph from Jason.
 
Jason Clarke & Ant E
 

As Jessica makes her way to the door, I decide to ask for another picture as I didn’t like the first one (don’t judge me, LOL).  Her publicist says “no, we have to go” but Jessica looks at me & says “I know him, I have too” & I say “Yeah & you took my seat”, LOL. After the photo I tell Jessica she looks beautiful & tell her publicist thank you for always being so nice. She laughs & thanks me. After this our night is complete.
 
Jessica Chastain & Ant M
 
I can say with all honesty, this has been the best event I've attended in awhile.

Check back soon for our full review of “Zero Dark Thirty”. 
 
- Ant M
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment