Tuesday, November 13, 2012

BAFTA Awards - Daniel Craig, Skyfall cast, Vampire Diaries, South Park, Fringe & more!!

Went to the BAFTA Awards the other day. Lots of good names, although, it wasn't likely we would see many of them. True to form, we did not.

Started off the day with Josh Gad, one of the main guys in Book of Mormon. Josh was friendly and signed for those that asked.





After Josh came the always friendly Jared Harris. This guy is one of the friendliest, classiest celebs around. Always takes time for the fans. 





Added Alice Evans to our Vampire Diaries cast item thanks to a great spot by The Beard. She walked over and said "That's not me!" but then I told her it was Vampire Diaries and she said "ohhh" and signed it. She plays Klaus' mom on the show. Pretty important role so it was a good addition.





Matt Stone and Trey Parker arrived next. Matt Stone wanted NO part of it as he walked right by us like we didn't exist. Trey came over and signed. He was adamant about doing just one per person but hey, he signed.




After Trey, things got interesting. This is where the cast of Skyfall decided to arrive one after the other...first was Berenice Marlohe, the stunningly gorgeous new Bond girl. She was as friendly as ever and signed as much as she could. Despite the fact that she was making the effort to sign for everyone the people in the back of the pit acted as if she wasn't and began to push and shove causing chaos. As Berenice finished signing...a truck pulled up, the door opened and out stepped James Bond himself, Daniel Craig.













 This is where the shit hit the fan. Daniel came over and began signing. I added him to my poster to almost complete it. (Just needs Bardem and possibly, Judi Dench) As Craig was signing the pushing got so out of hand I fell forward almost crushing my poster and catching a pen streak across the corner. At this point, Daniel stopped signing. He didn't do much and would have signed much more if people would have just acted civilized.





I was also able to get Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge during this.






As well as legendary director Quentin Tarantino. It was a long wait for Quentin, but he signed quite a bit as he left. It's always very cool to meet someone who's work you really appreciate.




As I was walking down the sidewalk I saw Matt Stone and Trey Parker walking to their SUV. I pulled my item Trey signed earlier and asked Matt to sign it. He told me "No, I gotta go" but I let him know it was just two of us. He looked around and decided to do it. Item completed! Not a bad way to end the night.


- Ant E

0 comments:

Post a Comment