Friday, April 12, 2013

Oblivion Premiere otherwise known as the night Morgan actually signed...and I had nothing.

Went to the Oblivion Premiere with one goal in mind. Tom Cruise. I know Morgan Freeman doesn't sign...or can't sign anymore (more on that later) and sure, I wouldn't mind more Olga Kurylenko but there was one mission on this day and his name was Tom Cruise.

The ship from the movie was on display on the carpet.


Edwin showing off his Oblivion shirt they passed out to everyone on the rail.  What you see on our friend Will's face is what I like to call the look of disgust.


Arrivals started and Tom was the first one to show up. He came over and began signing right by us. We quickly knocked out four 11x14s and Edwin got a photo op. There were so many people that instead of trying to squeeze in and get more we tried to be smart and go to the section tom had not signed for which was still mellow. Needless to say, our plan backfired and Tom just skipped that section all together.


Tom signing for the fans.


This is my 2nd botched attempt at a photo with Tom Cruise.  I don't know what I'm doing.

Tom, a very happy Edwin and a special appearance by Will the Autograph Guy.

11x14

11x14

11x14
Combo 11x14 signed by Tom Cruise & Olga Kurylenko.

Morgan Freeman aka the voice of an angel was the next one to show up. Morgan walked along the rail waving when someone yelled at him "use the right hand!" (his signing hand, his left, is damaged from a car accident) to which he shrugged and said okay and signed. This KILLED ME. I always carry my Dark Knight poster to Morgan's premieres in hopes the skies would part and a light would shine down from the heaven's and Mr.Freeman would put his John Hancock on my poster. On this day I gave up and on this day, the heaven's parted and the light broke threw and I watched Morgan Freeman sign for other people. He didn't do much, but he did it. Son of a Beech! (His character in Oblivion.  See what I did there? Nevermind.)


This really happened.

 Last up was Joseph Kosinski, the director of the film. All I had was an 8x10 and he signed it. Other cast members came and did not sign on arrivals but I got what I came for and decided to head out to another event. Quick & productive day.  On the way back to the car we were able to add Olga Kurylenko to the combo 11x14 to complete it as well.

This man hidden in sunlight is the director of Oblivion, Joseph Kosinski.


8x10

0 comments:

Post a Comment