Friday, January 18, 2013

The Last Stand premiere - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Johnny Knoxville & more!!

Went to the Last Stand Premiere with zero expectations. The movie looks painfully bad and their isn't much in the cast to get excited about. We had one goal in mind...Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Arrivals started and first up was Luis Guzman. Edwin loves Carlito's Way and badly wanted him on a Pachanga shot from the movie. Luis isn't the friendliest guy around but he did come over to our surprise. He decided to sign about five people down and completely ignore Edwin. This wouldn't be the first time he'd blow him off that night, either.

After Guzman came Jamie Alexander and Daniel Henney. Neither of which I had anything. So I helped friends. Shortly after Bam Margera came walking down the street to the carpet. I happened to bring a few shots from Jackass and he came over and signed and took a photo with Ed.



Autographed by Bam Margera

Autographed by Bam Margera & Johnny Knoxville

Bam Margera & Ed


 Genesis Rodriguez was up next. She took some carpet photos then walked over straight for my 12x18 and smiled. She signed it and then proceeded to ignore Edwin and his 2 8x10s and go the opposite way.


Genesis Rodriguez signing autographs

Genesis Rodriguez signing autographs


Autographed by Genesis Rodriguez



Arnold then arrived and the herds of people in the fan pits went bananas. Of course, he went about 10 people down from me and went the opposite way. It was so packed full of people I couldn't move. So I just watched him sign. Afterwards I saw some of the items and was actually relieved I didn't get one as his bodyguard handed him a dead black sharpie. While Arnold was signing we did manage to add Johnny Knoxville to a shot signed by Bam earlier. Bronze sharpie courtesy of Edwin.


Autographed by Johnny Knoxville & Bam Margera


So I decided to try for the way out only to be shut down by Arnold again. As he quickly walked by me his bodyguard made sure my item got nowhere near him. 0-2. At this point, I was done. Me and Edwin began to walk to the car when Ed spotted him driving down the street and we ran for him. When he got out of his car he ignored the people who managed to make it to him to ask for an autograph. Including myself. Then as he continued walking I asked again and he turned around and reached between his bodyguards and took my pen and signed the poster I was trying to get him on.




Autographed by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Autographed by Arnold Schwarzenegger


It was a long, cold night and pretty bad premiere but we managed to be one of the few to get a decent Arnold auto in a decent pen. After Arnold I did get Jee-Woon Kim, the director of the film, on a 12x18 of a I Saw the Devil movie poster (I enjoy that film) and a solo 11x14.


Autographed by Jee-Woon Kim

Autographed by Jee-Woon Kim

Edwin got a photo with Nick Swardson (Who he LOVES) and Jason Mears who played Jason in the Friday the 13th Remake and we got an 11x14 signed by Tony Hawk. Not a total waste of a night. A little luck helped.


Jason Mears & Ed

Ed & Nick Swardson
Autographed by Tony Hawk

0 comments:

Post a Comment