Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oscar Nominees - Steven Spielberg, Jessica Chastain & more!




Sometimes you gotta jump through hoops at events and in the end it just doesn't seem worth it. This day was seemingly one of those days. Not many signed and when they did, I wasn't always in the right place but the ones who did sign that I cared about most did it where I was and this made the day a little better.

First up was the one person I knew I could count on signing. Jessica Chastain. Of course, the nicest woman in Hollywood, made her way over and signed. She tried to keep it to one each to make sure everyone got one. We had an 11x14 and an 8x10 on hand and she did both. 

Jessica Chastain signing autographs

Autographed by Jessica Chastain


Next up was Steven Spielberg. Now, the last few years Steven hasn't signed let alone paid much attention to us. This year, it looked like more of the same. He started to walk in and I didn't even both to pull an item but then he turned and came towards us. At first he just looked to be saying "thank you" but then he came RIGHT TO ME! I fumbled around a bit but finally got my silver pen out to get an E.T. poster done for someone. He signed the poster big and beautiful! While this was happening Edwin was able to score some 8x10s and before it was all said and done we got a good amount of Steven Spielberg autographs. This wasn't expected at all but it made the day for me.

Steven Spielberg signing autographs

Steven Spielberg signing autographs

Steven Spielberg signing autographs
 
Autographed by Steven Spielberg



Autographed by Steven Spielberg 


Autographed by Steven Spielberg

Autographed by Steven Spielberg

Autographed by Steven Spielberg


Autographed by Steven Spielberg



Autographed by Steven Spielberg
 


After Steven Joaquin Pheonix arrived. Now, I've heard horror stories about him and how hard he is so I didn't expect much. So naturally, he walked right over!  We managed to get him on a Gladiator 11x14 and an 11x14 of him flipping off the camera. My priority was making sure a friend of mine got him since it was the only reason he was there. Success on all three accounts.

Joaquin Pheonix signing autographs

Joaquin Pheonix signing autographs
 
Autographed by Joaquin Pheonix
 


After Joaquin signed there wasn't much left I was dying to get. Jennifer Lawrence, but judging by how she's been lately that isn't happening anytime soon. However, there was one guy I wanted badly. Christoph Waltz! I've gotten Waltz before when Inglorious Basterds came out but after watching Django Unchained I wanted him even more! Again, Waltz came over and stood virtually in front of me and I was able to get all my items signed one after the one. We also added him to two Django posters we were doing for someone that already had Quentin on them!

Christoph Waltz signing autographs

Christoph Waltz signing autographs

Christoph Waltz signing autographs

Autographed by Christoph Waltz

Autographed by Christoph Waltz

Autographed by Christoph Waltz

Autographed by Christoph Waltz

Autographed by Christoph Waltz

Autographed by Christoph Waltz


We had gotten Steven on a combo shot with cinematographer Janusz Kaminski earlier so we were able to complete it when he walked over.

Janusz Kaminski signing autographs



Autographed by Steven Spielberg & Janusz Kaminski


I really enjoyed the movie Wreck it Ralph, but I think the standout thing for me was actually the short before the film called "Paperman". I really liked it and was pretty happy to get director, John Kahrs, to sign an 11x14. He added a cool inscription and a flying paper airplane.


John Kahrs signing autographs
 
 
Autographed by John Kahrs


I did manage a photo with Emmanuel Lewis, which might have been the highlight of my day.
Emmanuel Lewis & Ant E



At this point we hit a dry spell and decided to go get some dinner. After, we got word of a Oscar Nominee dinner at a nearby restaurant so we gave it a go. I did manage to get Tim Burton on a 12x18 which always makes me happy. It all happened so fast I didn't manage any photos.

Autographed by Tim Burton


To end the night, Ben Affleck pulled up and I wasn't prepared so I quickly asked him for a photo with him and he obliged. I then asked him to sign and he said he would on the way out. True to his word Ben came out and signed. First our 12x18 cast Argo piece. He complimented us on how many people we had on it and how nice it was and he signed it nice, by Ben's standards. He then signed our Argo fan made 12x18 and loved the shot. Asked where we got it and said how cool it was and then gave us what can only be described as what I drew as a bird flying when I was 5...but hey, he kept his word!

Ben Affleck & Ant E

Autographed by Ben Affleck


Autographed by Ben Affleck

0 comments:

Post a Comment