Monday, February 18, 2013

Two Directing Legends, the nicest woman in Hollywood & more



Went out for an event on a Sunday...usually I don't cause of football but alas the season is over and Sunday's are a little more flexible! After a little confusion ended up in the right spot and happened upon Jessica Chastain just as I walked up! Called her and she came right over. Hands down, the nicest woman in Hollywood. She was gracious and kind as ever and signed and took pictures. We had a few images ranging from 8x10, 11x14 and 12x18. All were signed and we managed photos with her as well. She even made one out to Anthony M. under his alias "Beefcake". She got a good laugh on that one.


Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Autographed by Jessica Chastain

Ant E & Jessica Chastain


Jessica Chastain & Ed


Next up was Walter aka Walton Goggins. My friends give me a lot of crap because for some reason over the last few weeks I CANNOT get his name right. I try to say Walton and Walter comes out! Walton came over and we had two 11x14s for him and got them both signed.


Walton Goggins signing autographs

Autographed by Walton Goggins

Autographed by Walton Goggins


Next up was Stephen Chbosky. He wrote the book and directed the movie Perks of Being a Wallflower, my favorite movie of the year. I have a poster for the film and happened to leave it at home having no idea he was going to be there. I did manage to get a picture with him.

Stephen Chbosky & Ed

Stephen Chbosky & Ant E


After Stephen, Anna Gunn arrived. I brought two 11x14s that Anna completed. Got them both done and Edwin got a photo with her. Always nice to get anyone from my favorite show on tv, Breaking Bad.

Anna Gunn signing autographs

Autographed by Anna Gunn & Aaron Paul

Autographed by Anna Gunn & Bryan Cranston

Anna Gunn & Ed


Peele from Key and Peele was the next to arrive. Had nothing for him but Edwin got a photo op. Also Tiffany Dupont arrived and I was overly joyed. I really enjoyed the show Greek. I was looking anywhere but the camera in my photo op but Edwin's came out good. He also got a photo with Jackie Weaver of Silver Linings Playbook.

Peele & Ed


Ed & Tiffany Dupont


Jackie Weaver & Ed


Arrivals are over when Steven Spielberg pulls up, waves and races inside. After awhile, he leaves...and says he's going to sign! Night made. He's trying his best to stick to one each and we get him on an 8x10 and an 11x14 and I tell him I have a Jurassic Park poster. He switches to silver and signs my poster. Success!

Steven Spielberg signing autographs

Steven Spielberg signing autographs

Autographed by Steven Spielberg


Autographed by Steven Spielberg

Autographed by Steven Spielberg

Autographed by Steven Spielberg


Edwin then gets a photo with Brad Garrett...who asks him if he has any weapons on him. I can only presume this is because he's a latino. They laugh. Good picture.

Brad Garrett & Ed


Jane Lynch had completely ignored us going in. Going out, nice as can be. Signed an 8x10 from Wreck it Ralph for us.

Jane Lynch signing autographs

Autographed by Jane Lynch


As Jane was signing...Kate Walsh walked out. She too signed. Got her on two 11x14s.

Kate Walsh signing autographs


Autographed by Kate Walsh

Autographed by Kate Walsh


Word was Francis Ford Coppola was inside. I've never gotten a chance to meet the legend but when I saw him I was pretty happy. I had nothing for him, unfortunately, but I did get him on two blank 8x10s and got a picture with him. That along with Spielberg, made my night.

Francis Ford Coppola signing autographs

Francis Ford Coppola signing autographs

Ant E & Francis Ford Coppola

Autographed by Francis Ford Coppola


Closed out the night by adding Sam Waterston to my Newsroom 12x18. Earlier I had managed to add Aaron Sorkin to it. Didn't get any pictures of them signing but Waterston isn't exactly easy and it already has Jeff Daniels on it so it's smooth sailing from here on out. 

Autographed by Sam Waterston, Aaron Sorkin & Jeff Daniels

0 comments:

Post a Comment