Friday, October 12, 2012

Dexter, Homeland, Shameless & more


Recently went to the Showtime Party for their Emmy Nominees. I've always been a fan of Dexter so I'm always up for new Michael C. Hall items and I really enjoy Homeland as well. However, the big one for me here wasn't even a member of a Showtime show. It wasn't even the talent performing, John Legend. Instead it was his girlfriend, Chrissy Teigen. I've become a fan of Chrissy's from her twitter and instagram. Didn't even know who she was prior.

First up a car pulled up on the street and out popped Mandy Patinkin! This one was big for me. Mandy is Inigo Montoya in the Princess Bride and the last time I saw Mandy he had a crusty black pen and my Princess Bride cast shot got off to a ugly start. I was able to restart that item and add him to two Homeland cast items. One of them, he completed! I attempted a photo with him...but Mandy just did NOT want to face the camera even though he kept telling me yes to a picture. It was a failed attempt needless to say.

 
 
Next up was Beau Bridges. didn't have anything but Edwin got a photo op with the Fabulous Baker Brother.


From this point...things slowed down quickly. Damian Lewis & Helen McCrory signed but we had nothing left. Others arrived but chose not to come over. John Legend and Chrissy arrived and she told me on the way out. Hopefully she sticks to her word was my only hope.

After a little time I look up to see Michael C. Hall standing by a wall near valet talking to someone. We call him over but he's in midconversation. After a few minutes Michael walks over, all smiles. Added him to two new season 7 Dexter combos as well as a 12x18 and 11x14. Edwin and I both got photo ops as well. Michael may play a serial killer on TV but the guy is nice as can be everytime I see him.





A little later Jennifer Carpenter came out. At this point we had dealt with a very obnoxious human being in attendance for awhile now. See, this guy felt the best way to make the celebrity want to come over was to insult them and tell them how they never take the time to come over or sign for there fans but "are you not gonna be nasty tonight?" This garnered a laugh from Claire Danes as she walked to her car. As Jennifer walked over she commented that "That is disgusting. Then you wonder why we don't want to come over." She thanked us for our kindness and completed the combos we started earlier with Michael and did a pair of 8x10s we had.

A few minutes later Cameron Monaghan, Shanola Hampton and Jeremy Allen White from Shameless came out. All three came over and signed and took photos. Shanola, on a side note, is one of the sweetest celebrities you'll ever meet. She isn't a big name but she genuinely appreciates you as a fan and goes out of her way to let you know that. This time she RAN over to me when she saw my cast shot to sign it. After she saw her autograph already on it she got excited said "ohhhhh, you already got me! Where?" We reminisced about when she signed it and she actually remembered it. Then she teased Edwin a little about his cast shot not having her on it and then gave him a big hug and thanked him for being a fan. Moments like this just make you want to support that actor/actress even more. 

Last up, John Legend & Chrissy. Both walked out and the people on the other side called over John. That was fine by me. Chrissy came right over and was sweet as can be. We talked about her cooking and her twitter and she joked around with us. She signed my first 12x18 and said "I'm not gonna sign on the boobs so I don't cover them up" and then she signed my second one and said "I don't even remember this shoot. I was drunk as fuck!" After she signed I got my picture with her and it was time to call it a night...





...as I was picking up my bag to leave I saw Morena Baccarin and pulled out the two items we had and was able to get those before we left. Now, it was time to go. 

                                       
 
 
- Ant E
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment