Friday, October 12, 2012

Frankenweenie premiere - Tim Burton & more

Anyone who knows us knows that all three of us are big fans of Tim Burton. Hell, one of us even has his artwork tattooed on our bodies! Needless to say, there's no surprise that we opted to go to the Frankenweenie Premiere as opposed to the Pitch Perfect Premiere. We had one priority. Tim Burton. Anything else was a cherry on the sundae.


When I arrived there was already a crowd on the rail. It looked like we were going to be screwed but we ended up talking it over and agreeing on a place to stand that we felt would be better off then trying to squeeze in to the already crowded area. Sometimes things just work out well and tonight was one of those nights.

As the premiere got going we saw Conchata Ferrell walking towards the carpet so we called her over to break the barricade and get the ball rolling. It worked. Conchata was nice as can be and came right to us and signed for us.


Right after I looked up and realized Robert Capron was standing right in front of us and called him over. Robert plays Rowley in the Wimpy Kid movies and my kid is a big fan of these movies so I was on red alert for this one...I was not, however, on red alert for Charlie Tahan! As Robert walked over I realized there was another boy walking over with him. Both came over to sign and then it hit me, it was Charlie Tahan aka Victor Frankenstein aka the main kid in the movie! We quickly pulled our items and managed to get them all done.


 


After this there was a little lul and we got photo ops with Skyler Grey aka the girl who sings the hook on the Fort Minor song "Where'd you go?". I also GEEKED OUT when I saw Robert Herjavec from the show Shark Tank. I LOVE that show. After I got my photo with Robert I realized Kevin O'Leary aka Mr.Wonderful was waiting for him to get back. Kevin is another one of the Sharks! I asked Kevin for a photo but he wouldn't come over. I was bummed to say the least. During this time we also added Martin Short to our Frankenweenie cast items.

Next up came Tom Kenny aka Spongebob. This one happened pretty quickly. He didn't sign a ton but we managed to get the majority of them.

Before I could even regroup, an SUV pulled up the door opened and it was Tim Burton! Without any hesitation Tim came right to us! It was chaos. Everyone who was in the wrong place tried to bum rush towards our area where Tim was signing. I got shoved against the rail and had no chance of pulling my camera out. We did manage to get a lot of Tim Burton autographs! The 8x10 Imax Poster image is also signed by Charlie Tahan.





At this point, we were ready to call it a night. Catherine O'Hara showed very little interest in coming over and Winona Ryder, well, Winona waved...which was more than anyone expected! As we were getting our stuff together to head out Robert & Mr.Wonderful came walking back our way! Kevin stopped and took my photo with me. This sent me home a happy man.

Here is are the two poster images we worked on. Both are signed by Tim Burton, Charlie Tahan, Robert Capron, Martin Short, Chonchata Ferrell and Tom Kenny.

 
 
 
- Ant E
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment