Sunday, October 14, 2012

Gale Anne Hurd Walk of Fame cermoney - Walking Dead cast & James Cameron

Gale Anne Hurd has been a part of some big time action movies. From the Terminator series to Aliens and now the Walking Dead TV series.  A few ago she was honored with a star on the walk of fame. As much as I enjoy her movies I went for two other reasons...the cast of the Walking Dead and James Cameron.

Truthfully, Cameron isn't a very friendly guy so I wasn't expecting him to sign. If I left with Walking Dead signed items I'd be happy. I left happy. However, James Cameron played a part in that.

To start things off Greg Nicotero arrived pretty early. Greg came over and signed and I got him to do a lil something extra on my image.

 
 
 
The star kicked off and thanks to Cuntacahooa (Long story. The name isn't as vulgar as it sounds, I promise!) I was positioned 2 feet away from the majority of the cast. The prospects were promising!
 
 
The ceremony started and I've got to say, I REALLY enjoyed Andrew Lincoln's speech. He was very charming and personable. After Lincoln spoke James Cameron approached the podium. During Cameron's speech he referenced a scene in Aliens where Vasquez shoots an alien in the head and how that was in fact, Gale Anne Hurd. Well, I happened to have that image with me for her to sign.

After Cameron's speech Gale went up to speak. During her speech the aformentioned Cuntacachooa took my image out of my bag and held it so she could see it. Low and behold, during her speech, she saw it...stopped and pointed and said "That's the picture of me in Aliens!" or something close to that. The entire cast of walking dead and everyone else in attendance turned and looked at us. She gave us props for having the photo and finished her speech.

When all that was said and done the cast stood up to applaud and I saw a sticker on Scott Wilson's pants revealing his pant size. I let him know it was there and he gave me dap and said "Good lookin' out" and then signed a few items for me. At this point, chaos broke out. Andrew Lincoln was directly in front of me signing. Danai Guirra was to my left signing. Norman Reedus and Robert Kirkman were to my right signing. I couldn't keep up.




At one point what was once Norman Reedus and Robert Kirkman became Sarah Wayne Callies...then David Morrisey. It's all still a blur! During this, James Cameron was talking to someone in front. As things settled down a little we asked him to sign and he reached out and signed an 11x14 for me and a few others for friends. He then walked over and began to sign more directly in front of me. I let him know that the Aliens image was underneath and he looked for it and signed it and seemed happy to see it. He then asked me if it was okay if he could take it to Gale since I needed her on it. Then they posed for photos at the star with it!



It was a pretty great memory. Cameron brought it back to me. At this point I finished getting a few more Walking Dead items and called it a day. All in all, a memorable one.

Here is what we got signed.


Someone of these signatures were obtained the next day (blog to come!)


Signed by Greg Nicotero, Sarah Wayne Callies, Andrew Lincoln, Scott Wilson, Norman Reedus and Iron-e Singleton.


Signed by Andrew Lincoln, Danai Guirra and David Morrisey.


 



 


Also, autos on this item were obtained the next day.


- Ant E

0 comments:

Post a Comment