Friday, October 12, 2012

Emmy awards - Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, Breaking Bad, Homeland & more

 
A few weekends ago there were a lot of events going on for the Emmy Awards. I decided to try a couple in hopes of getting a few particular names. Here's what we walked away with.

Added Martin Freeman to a few Hobbit 11x14s. I'm a big fan of the LOTR series and I'm really looking forward to this film so it was nice to meet the future Mr.Bilbo Baggins.


I'm not gonna lie. I don't know what the hell a Downton Abbey is. I know it's popular and I know the critics love it. So I took a cast piece and was able to add creator, Julian Fellowes.



Also got Mark Margolis aka Hector Salamaca from Breaking Bad to a 12x18 and an 8x10. I love the show and Tio is a great character so this made me happy.


One that I was really looking forward to seeing was Alison Williams. I enjoy the series Girls on HBO and instantly thought she was adorable. When she arrived I couldn't get her to look over. It really bummed me out. However, when I saw her coming out she came right over to me and was extremely sweet and signed a few 12x18s and a cast item for me. Then she took photos with me and Edwin. Edwin's in particular was very cool. She took a photo with him and he threw up a deuce and she said "Wait wait, let's do that again! I want to throw that up!" so she retook the photo with him throwing up a deuce. Very sweet girl.

 


Emmy Award winner, Damian Lewis, and his wife, Helen McCory, then came over. Got Damian on a Homeland cast item and added McCrory to my Harry Potter poster and a 12x18.


 


Richard Madden aka the King of the North himself, Rob Stark, was up next. I didn't see Rob going in but as soon as he walked out I recognized him. Rob came over and signed 3 11x14s for us and we added him to a cast 11x14 and I added him to my 16x20 Game of Thrones piece.





Also got a few Michelle Fairley's to keep the Game of Thrones trend going strong.


Last, but certainly not least, was Emilia Clarke. Ever since the first episode of Game of Thrones I've adored this woman. Emilia said her feet were hurting so her publicist put her in her car and took all of our items to her and she sat in the car and did them and thanked us over and over. Every time I've met this woman she is a complete sweetheart. Today was no different. This was a great way to end the day.

 
 
 
Also, unfortunately, I didn't have anything for him but I was able to get a photo op with Stephen Moyer.


 
 
-Ant E
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment